To help clear up any queries you may have about this event, here are our answers to some of the most common and frequently asked questions. Or you can be classic, and ask us the question anyway.
Q. What’s this event about?
- A. At this conference-cum-expo, you will get invaluable insight from an amazing set of experts that helps you develop viable IoT solutions, and make sure IoT becomes a key part of your business. You can also see cutting-edge IoT components, solutions and technology as well as meet engineers who create amazing products.
- How can you compete?
• Get the true facts on those hardware and software technologies that are critical to the IoT from the best in the business.
• Learn the smartest ways to build a product from some of the best design engineers, developers, technical architects and project managers in the country.
• Are you comfortable with merely surviving in this industry? Meet and network with the kind of people who could define your future career and help you become a thought leader.
Q. What are the key elements of India Electronics Week 2018?
1. Intensive sessions from the industry’s best speakers
Our speakers are a combination of experienced industry leaders, high-value engineers, and founder-innovators driven by a passion for technology and engineering.
• Get to know the latest cutting-edge technology from the folks who developed it
• Absorb the energy and drive from the pros — get better at what you do
• Take away skills that you can apply to your work straight away!
2. Amazing Networking Benefits
The IoTShow conference will enable your team to network with 1000s of new potential customers, vendors, and professionals in the electronics industry. Meet and network with the kind of people who could define your future career and help you become a thought leader.
• Learn to sense the pulse of what’s happening in tools, technologies and customer requirements.
• Get connected with our lineup of speakers, some of the most valuable people in the electronics industry
• Hear ideas that your team wasn’t even aware of!
3. Team Building was never this cool!
This conference will expose you to extreme learning, to create a tighter knit and superbly efficient team.
• You can discuss new technologies, tools, and processes with advice from the best in the industry.
• Discussions on how to apply them back to the company to improve your products, performance, and results.
4. Enhance Innovation
Want to design an innovative product for the market place? This is the conference for you.
• Learn from the founders of some of the latest successfully funded start-ups
• Attend workshops, get taught on creating prototypes from Five popular dev boards
• Don’t just dream — be a doer and learn to get those dreams come alive!
5. Get better at what you do
Our speakers are a combination of experienced industry leaders, high-value engineers, and founder-innovators, driven by a passion for technology and engineering. With experienced hands taking you through their struggle, absorb the energy and drive from the pros — get better at what you do.
Q. What all can I attend for FREE?
A. The EXPO and the Keynote sessions at EFY Conferences. Plus, there might be some sponsored workshops and meetups by our sponsors, which will be announced on our website from time to time. All free activities are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Q. What are the types of passes?
A. There are four types of passes. EXPO Pass is free. The other three passes are paid and include Single Day Pass, Business Pass, and PRO Pass. Pass details are given below:
Q. Can Students attend?
A. Students can attend the Expo on the 3rd day—as the first two days are for Industry visitors, and the last day is Students’ Day. Students can attend any of the paid events on any of the 3 days though.
Q. What about Group Discounts?
Q. What are the timing of the Expo?
A. Timings for Expo are 10 am to 6 pm.
Q. What are the timings of the Conferences?
A. The timings for conferences & workshops are different from the Expo. They will begin at 8.30 am and go on till 4.45 pm.
Q. What time will the registration start?
A. Registration will start at 8.30 am.
Q. Are there food facilities at IEW?
A. Yes. There will be a full-fledged food court at IEW, where you can purchase healthy and affordable food & drinks.
Q. Which (paid) passes include lunch?
A. Business and Pro passes include Lunch in the Networking Zone.
Q. Is there a special discount for Defence Personnel?
A. In order to thank our armed forces for the incredible work they do, we have a special discount for them. They get all passes at 50% discount.
Who is qualified to get this discount?
Anyone who’s working for any of our armed forces or inland security organizations including army, navy, air force, border security, home guard, and police. The same extends to those who are active or retired. Plus, anyone working in strategic electronics PSU organizations such as ISRO, DRDO, Bharat Electronics, ECIL, etc.
How to get this discount?
While buying a pass use the promo code DEFPASS and upload an image of your identity proof. If we find that proof submitted is invalid, then we may cancel the registration.
Q. Is there a special discount for Academicians?
A. Yes! They are the true builders of our nation, and to thank them—we have a 50% discount for them too. Active or retired academicians can avail this discount.
Who is qualified to get this discount?
Anyone who teaches as a profession. Professors, teachers, lecturers, trainers—from schools, colleges, training institutes—all of them can avail this benefit. And, the institution can be private or government owned. As long as you teach, we want to thank you.
How to get this discount?
A. Academicians can use the promocode ACAPASS and upload an image of their identity proof. That’s it. If we find that proof submitted is invalid, then we may cancel the registration.
Q. Where can we get the details about the conferences and workshops?
A. We are updating details of all conferences and workshops on this page: https://conferences.electronicsforu.com/conferences-and-workshops/. As more conferences, workshops, and meetups get finalized, we will keep updating this page.
Q. Does the pass fee include GST
A. Yes, GST is included in it—so the amounts indicated are NET, and nothing extra needs to be paid over and above the stated amounts.
Q. If I need a GST invoice – will that be provided?
A. Yes, the same will be provided. Shoot us an email (with your GST number) at [email protected], and our team will provide you with a GST-input-credit-friendly invoice within 3 working days.
Q. When will I get the attendance certificates?
A. We typically mail the attendance certificates by courier to those with designated paid passes, within 1 week, after the event. But, if you want, you can collect the same on the last day too—as long as you are amongst those who had registered and paid up before 1st Feb 2018. If you paid later, we will have to mail you—as we won’t be able to print and get them at the event, on time.
Q. Can the payment be made post the event?
A. No, all payments have to be done before the event. For further details, contact us at [email protected].
Q. What modes of payments do you accept?
A. We accept all modes of payments—Digital (credit card, debit card, NEFT, PayTM, etc) and Analogue (Cheque, DD, etc). The latter have to be made in the favor of EFY Enterprises Pvt Ltd and mailed to IEW 2018, D-87/1, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-1, New Delhi—110020. To make the online payment, you can use our online registration system or login to your account and upgrade through it.
Q. I have already registered as a Visitor. Now I want to upgrade my pass—how do I do that?
A. Simply log in to your account at http://login.indiaelectronicsweek.com and upgrade your pass. Else, speak to our team at +91-98111 55335, and they will help you.
Q. How will I know which exhibitors should I visit?
A. We will be issuing a Show Guide (printed) to all visitors at IEW. This show guide will also be available on our website. It will enable you to see the list of all exhibitors and search them product category-wise.
Q. Why should I print my pre-printable badges? What’s the benefit?
A. If you print those badges at your office or home and come with them to the venue—you will NOT have to stand in any queue. You can simply pick an empty lanyard, fold your printed badge, and walk straight in.
Q. If I walk straight in, where will I get my delegate kit and lunch coupons (if I have paid for that level of the pass)?
A. At the expo floor, we will have May I Help You Desk, where you can collect the same—at any time.
Q. How many events are there at India Electronics Week?
A. Overall, five branded events are happening under IEW: EFY Conferences. EFY Expo, IoTshow.in, LEDasia.in, and T&M Expo. Under these—many conferences, seminars, workshops, and meetups are happening across the three days.
Q. Are there any age restrictions with respect to visitors?
A. Yes, entry is for those aged 16 and above only. And, entry for students is on the 3rd day only, which is 9th Feb 2018.
Q. What are the types of opportunities for organizations or brands to engage with the Electronics Design Engineer Community?
A. While customised solutions can be developed depending on the marketing needs, the following standard options exist for:
- Exhibitor booths for brands & organizations
- Exhibitor booths for recruiters
- Demo tables for Innovators
- Surveys/Database Collection
- Distribution of marketing collateral or give-aways
- Dedicated seminars or workshops by brands
- Product Launch / Demo Sessions by brands
Please get in touch with us at [email protected] for more sponsorship details
Q. What do we do if we want to do a bulk/group registration? Are there special rates for bulk bookings?
A. Yes, there is the discount structure for Bulk Bookings (listed below).
- 3 to 5 passes: 5% discount
- 6 to 10 passes: 10% discount
- 11 to 20 passes: 15% discount
- 21 or more: 20% discount
Exhibitors & Sponsors:
Q. What kind of workshops will be featured at the event?
A. There will be 25+ workshops at the event, each capable of enlightening 40 engineers at a time.
Q. Can my company hold a seminar at the event?
A. Yes, of course. First, you need to come in as a sponsorship partner, and then book a seminar slot (in multiples of 30 minutes). Once done, your seminar details will be shared on our website so that the audience can register it.
Q. Can we do a product launch at the event?
A. Sure. The process is similar to that for the seminar – instead of a seminar slot, you would be booking a much more premium Product Launch slot.
Q. What are the different engagement and marketing opportunities available?
A. Standard engagement opportunities like exposition booths and sponsorships are available for brands wanting to engage with the audience.
Innovative marketing opportunities like surveys, on-the-spot contests, product launches, brand-centric workshops, brand-centric seminars, press conference, etc, can also be customised as per your marketing goals and budgets.
You are requested to contact us at [email protected]
Q. Can you shed some light on the “innovative branding opportunities” mentioned for exhibitors and sponsors?
These refer to opportunities like hosting academicians, sponsoring event bags, badges, lanyards, becoming our registration partner, or more creative on-the-spot activities like surveys, contests, innovative branding, etc. EFY will help you with these engagement activities by:
1. Allowing you to do activities at different locations of the venue i.e. your staff can move around and conduct the surveys or contests.
2. Help publicise these activities by announcing them during breaks between sessions
3. Help publicise the brand by mentioning them in the event guide.